Firstly, thank you for wanting to know more about me. If this page doesn’t satisfy your curiosity, don’t hesitate to message me for more.
The headline facts are that I am a:
- Social Media Guide / Trainer
- Facilitator of Business Owners’ Mastermind Groups
- Author of “New Business, Next Steps: The All-in-one Guide to Managing, Marketing and Growing Your Small Business”,
- Co-founder of Cambridge Business Lounge,
- Founder of Freelance Heroes
Social Media Guide / Trainer
We all have our own personality and style of communication, and social media can play its own part in helping us to grow our businesses by displaying this style to communicate effectively with our existing network and new audiences.
Analyst and writer, Brian Solis, wrote that “Social Media has more to do with sociology and anthropology that technology.” It’s this philosophy of social media that I also subscribe to, which is why I won’t manage your social media for you.
I will, however, share my skills and knowledge to help you manage your social media. My Social Media Training is tailored to the needs of the business and, roughly speaking, covers the following:
- From Beginner’s Guides to Advanced Masterclasses
- Strategy/campaign planning
- Audience and competitor research
- Developing creative marketing content and going viral
- Introduction to each relevant social media platform
- Using paid advertising to reach a wider audience – including Twitter ads
- Impact of video content – from YouTube to Facebook Live
- Using Google URL builder and Google Goals for ads and campaigns
- Measuring success and ROI
Each course is fully interactive, including a Q&A and discussion throughout. The final facts are that my training:
- Is available in 121 sessions or more. The largest training session so far has been to over 120 delegates.
- Is available anywhere in the UK, Europe, or globally.
To get in touch about my social media training work, please get in touch here.
Business Owner’s Mastermind Group
An open Mastermind Group – for business owners, freelancers, professionals, etc. – helps you to overcome the challenges your business is facing right now (however niche), without judgement or sales pitches from other attendees.
Bring your challenge to the group, and you will leave with a number of solutions that you can implement immediately to help you overcome it.
These events can also take place anywhere in the UK any beyond. I’d be more than happy to support you to promote, launch, and run your own group, or I can run one for you.
Find out why these events have been described as “Emotional, powerful, business changing” here.
There are many ways a business mentor can help. Three of which are:
• Access to a second opinion when you need it
• Have more confidence to make the right decisions
• Benefit from second-hand experience
For a list of what I will and won’t do, to help your freelance business, take a look here.
Turning an idea, skill, passion or hobby into a business can be both an exciting and daunting venture. Together, you and I will bring your business to life and work towards you making a profit, while enjoying your journey too.
Working for yourself is not the same as working alone and together we focus on filling in those vital knowledge gaps, and supporting you through any uncharted waters – all the while, working towards your goals.
The people I work with are freelancers and other business owners who work in a team of one, rather than a team of founders. You can be anywhere in the world and still have my absolute support. Get in touch and let’s chat about how we could work together.
In 2015, I had my first business book, “New Business: Next Steps“, published by Pearsons. It’s available in all good book shops and on Amazon.
In May 2016, I launched Freelance Heroes, a Facebook Group that encourages Freelancers from across the UK to ask and answer questions that will help them to be as successful as you want to be. No two jobs are the same and no two clients are the same. This group fills in the blanks.
In 2017, this group will grow to become a website that also includes a Freelance Heroes Podcast, recorded with Annie Browne.
Cambridge Business Lounge
CBL is a coworking space and serviced office centre in the heart of Cambridge, which opened in January 2013. In 2014, we grew to include St. Ives, in Cambridgeshire, and we have plans for more sites in the near future.
You will also find me regularly on BBC Cambridgeshire, OuiShare Radio, MicroBizMattersDay, Cambridge News, and others.
Other work includes the design and delivery of internal coaching and training workshops for these larger businesses, as well as delivering exhibition and keynote presentations at the MADE Festival, Business Start-Up Show, and other events.
Thank you for reading up on me. If you think I’ve missed anything, please don’t hesitate to ask.Book a quick chat